On this page
- Choose your level of study
- Get help from an education agent
- Search for a course using our course finder
Check that you meet the Australian Government’s requirements for a student visa before you apply to study.
Find a course
The Study Melbourne course finder is on our Home page. Enter the name of a course or a university college or school into the search box and click Search to see results.
How to apply
Once you've chosen your course, there are two ways to apply:
- Contact the institution directly. Institutions employ staff to help international students, so the process is made as easy as possible.
- Ask a registered Australian education agent in your country to help with your application and visa. Australian Embassies and Diplomatic Posts in your country can provide a list of registered Australian education agents near you.
Find out more about how to apply to study in Victoria
Prerequisites, pathways and prior learning
Higher education institutions have entry requirements called prerequisites. For example most higher education institutions require you to complete an undergraduate degree before you can enrol for a Masters qualification.
Some institutions and faculties may give you academic credit for prior learning or life experience. This can reduce your fees and let your finish in less time.
Pathways and levels of study
Some institutions offer both higher education and vocational education and training (VET) courses to study. These institutions allow you to transfer course credits between these VET and higher education courses, providing a flexible pathway into higher education.
Many students choose to work with an education agent. An education agent can give you information about studying in Melbourne, Victoria including how to choose a course and the process of applying.
Find out more about how to find an education agent.