International Education Strategy for Victoria 2013-2018
Each year, Victoria welcomes thousands of international students to the State and we are proud of Melbourne’s reputation as one of the world’s best student cities. The State Government wants all international students to have the best possible experience during their time in Victoria, and has a range of programs to support and welcome students. These include the airport welcome desk, International Student Care Service and the Culture Card program.
To make sure that Victoria continues to be a world leading destination for international students, the State Government has just released an International Education Strategy for Victoria 2013-2018.
Key initiatives that will directly benefit international students include:
- Trialling a new public transport ticket scheme for international students from 2015 for three years in partnership with education providers (with details to be announced in 2014);
- Continued funding for doctoral scholarships at Victorian universities;
- Establishing awards to recognise excellence amongst international students and Victorian education providers;
- Expanding the support and services provided to international students in Victoria, including relocating the Study Melbourne Student Centre to a visible location in the informal student precinct in central Melbourne to improve its accessibility;
- Expanding work experience opportunities for international students including a Study Melbourne Internship Program; and
- Establishing the Study Melbourne Experience program including redevelopment of the Culture Card and continued support for the Study Melbourne Student Centre Desk at Melbourne Airport.
For more information on the Strategy visit the International Education Strategy for Victoria 2013-2018. For more information on the new public transport ticketing scheme, see the Public Transport Discounts for International Students.
- PDF - International Education Strategy for Victoria 2013 - 2018
- Word - International Education Strategy for Victoria 2013 - 2018
Date posted: 28 Oct 2013