Victoria Latin America Doctoral Scholarships
The Victoria Latin America Doctoral Scholarship ($90,000) is available to four high performing international students from Latin America.
Make the most of your study in Melbourne and regional Victoria with a Victorian Latin America Doctoral Scholarship.
Apply to commence your PhD at a Victorian university for 2016 to be eligible.
Four scholarships are available for PhD candidates commencing research at a Victorian university for 2016. The successful applicants will receive a scholarship of AUD$90,000 to cover living expenses over three years and a full fee waiver.
The Victoria Latin America Doctoral Scholarships are funded by the State Government of Victoria in partnership with Victoria's universities. The Victorian Government will contribute AUD$45,000 for the duration of the PhD, with universities contributing the remaining AUD$45,000 and a fee waiver.
To be eligible for a Victoria Latin America Doctoral Scholarship, you must:
- be a citizen of a Latin American country
- have been accepted into a doctoral program at a participating Victorian university
- be intending to complete the majority of your doctoral work in Victoria
- not hold a qualification regarded to be equivalent to an Australian research doctorate
- be willing to be an ambassador* for the Victoria Latin America Doctoral Scholarships.
* Ambassadors give a small amount of their time throughout their doctorate program to participate in award presentations, media interviews. They also present their research in promotion of the program.
How to Apply
The Victoria Latin America Doctoral Scholarships are being offered in partnership with Victoria's universities. Apply directly to the university of your choice:
- Australian Catholic University
- Deakin University
- Federation University
- La Trobe University
- Monash University
- RMIT University
- Swinburne University
- The University of Melbourne
- Victoria University
Victorian universities are internationally recognised for their quality and collaborative research links with overseas universities and industry. With technically advanced research infrastructure and high international ranking, Victorian universities are competitive leaders in many fields.
A Victoria Latin America Doctoral Scholarship will offer you:
- study at a top ranked university
- outstanding research opportunities
- financial support via successful scholarship application
- opportunity to make global connections and enhance your career options
- a chance to experience life in Melbourne, ranked as the world's most liveable city
- an opportunity to discover Australia's diverse culture and enjoy the distinct landscape
Visit Research for more information on Victoria’s research centres.