Skip to Content

Header Navigation


You are here


Whether you are coming to Melbourne for a short term study tour, or for a longer, full time course of study you will need a visa. Find out what is involved.

Students talking

Student Visas

If you intend to undertake a full time course of study for 12 weeks or more, you must apply for a student visa. Find out what documents are required.

View Gateway View now text page now


Temporary Graduate Visa

Find out more on how to apply for a temporary visa to remain in Australia following the completion of at least two years of study.  

View Gateway View now text page now

Short course student

Short Courses

Students studying a short course (less than 12 weeks) may need to apply for a visitor or working holiday visa.

View Gateway View now text page now

Application visa

Electronic Travel Authority

The Electronic Travel Authority provides authorisation to enter Australia for short visits for tourism or business purposes.

View Gateway View now text page now

Last updated: 29 Sep 2015


Copyright of materials present on this website vests in the State of Victoria, Australia. Apart from fair dealing for the purpose of private study, research, criticism or review, as permitted under copyright legislation, no part may be reproduced or used for any commercial purposes whatsoever.

Subject to the operation of the Copyright Act 1968, you may reproduce the material which appears in this package for personal, in-house or non-commercial use, on condition that:

  • you acknowledge the copyright owner
  • no official connection is claimed
  • the material is made available without charge or any cost, and
  • the material is not subject to inaccurate, misleading or derogatory treatment

If you have any concerns regarding copyright, please contact us.

  • Privacy Statement:
  • Copyright Notice:
  • Disclaimer Notice: