UPDATE: Application deadline has been extended to Sunday 29 May 2022 at 11.59pm AEST.
Apply now for the Victorian International Education Awards 2021-22
Now more than ever, it’s important that we celebrate the change-makers in our communities.
The Victorian International Education Awards are an initiative of the Victorian Government to celebrate outstanding international students and education providers in Victoria, recognising their commitment to the sector and leadership in our community.
These prestigious awards provide an opportunity to showcase and acknowledge impressive students, alumni and education providers who are working hard to champion international education in Victoria and across the globe.
Applications are encouraged across a number of award categories from eligible international students, domestic students, alumni and Victorian international education providers, with prizes of up to $16,000 for winning international students (excluding alumnus category).
Applications close on Sunday 29 May 2022 at 11.59pm AEST.
Award winners in each category, with the exception of the International Alumnus of the Year, will be awarded $6,000 each to support their studies. Up to two runners-up per student category will be awarded $2,000 each.
All finalists and winners will receive a certificate of recognition.
The recipient of the ‘Premier’s Award – International Student of the Year’ will receive an additional $10,000 to support their studies.
International students currently enrolled with a Victorian tertiary education institution are encouraged to apply, including those who are studying overseas in their home country. For more information on the eligibility criteria view our Terms and Conditions.
The Victorian International Education Awards 2021-22 will feature Student and Provider Awards, and applications may include achievements from 2021 and 2022 in their entries.
There are seven Student Awards that you can apply for. Expand each section below for more information about each category, including assessment criteria.
There are seven Provider Awards that institutions can apply for. Expand each section for the category details, such as assessment criteria.
How to Apply
Eligibility criteria for all awards
To apply for any award, you will need to meet these criteria.
- If you’re a student applying for the English Language Training, Vocational Education and Training, Higher Education, Research or Regional category, you must be currently enrolled as an international student in a course at a Victorian education provider
- Applicants currently enrolled with a Victorian post-secondary education institution but based offshore are also eligible to apply.
- If you’re applying for the Alumnus category, you must have graduated from an accredited Victorian education provider.
- If you’re applying for the Internationalisation category, you must be currently enrolled in an accredited course as a domestic student at a Victorian education provider.
- You agree to act as an advocate for the awards, Study Melbourne and Victorian International Education, and support Study Melbourne marketing activities as required.
- You agree to the full terms and conditions
2020 VIEA Premier’s Award Winner
Justin See (Philippines)
PhD in Community Planning & Development, La Trobe University