International Students’ Work Rights Legal Service

As an international student, how many hours can you work? What does ‘cash-in-hand’ mean? What is the minimum wage you should be paid? 

Our International Students’ Work Rights Legal Service is a free, confidential and independent legal service, provided by employment lawyers, to help international students.

Students who have used this said: 

  • “I really appreciate that you are supporting people like me who [feel like we don’t] have protection against the big companies, it is really important.”   
  • “I don't know how [to show] my appreciation to you… If it were not for you, I would have gone back to my country.”

The Study Melbourne Student Centre building has temporarily closed to protect the health and wellbeing of our student community and staff.

To make an appointment or ask a question please contact our friendly staff by email or phone 1800 056 449.

Please be patient and we will contact you as soon as possible.

Also available:
Every Monday

Every Wednesday