Volunteering is a great way to meet new people, learn new skills and give back to your community - but do you also know how to use your volunteer experience to boost your resumé and improve your career prospects? Find out more at this information session covering everything you need to get started as a volunteer.
Volunteering Victoria promotes the benefits of volunteering - come to this introductory session to learn more. While the primary focus of volunteering is always giving back, becoming a volunteer can help your career prospects too! This session will show you the benefits that you can gain from being a volunteer, including transferable employment skills, gaining references and practical workplace experience, and how to use your volunteer experience to boost your resumé.
What to expect:
- Background to volunteering in Victoria
- Value of volunteering – to you and to the community
- Essential rights and responsibilities for volunteers
- Where to find volunteer roles, including skilled opportunities
- How to identify employment skills gained from volunteering (and the best ways to include them on your resumé
- Next steps!
For more information, please contact the Study Melbourne Student Centre at email@example.com