To celebrate the stories and experiences of international students in Melbourne, we have been running a storytelling competition as part of the Melbourne Writers Festival.
The theme for 2019 was 'Love & Melbourne', with dozens of entries submitted for five categories. Members of the public could vote for their favourite story via the People's Choice Awards.
On 4 September 2019, the winners were announced at an awards ceremony held at The Wheeler Centre.
The winners were:
- English Language Training category - Brenda Alexandra Munoz
- High School category - Ting Tang
- Higher Education category - Anna Faciejew
- Vocational Education and Training category - Natalia Palacio Vasquez
- Visual category - Fiona Kazan.
Over 1,100 people voted in the People’s Choice Award, which went to Elizabeth Loaiza.
Read the stories below. Experience Victoria and Melbourne through the eyes of our international students!