Study Melbourne is dedicated to supporting our international student community in Melbourne and Victoria during this challenging time as we share the impact of the global coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
We want to reassure you that we are here for you, that you are not alone, and that we are all in this together.
Coping with isolation
There are lots of things you can do to connect with others, even from home. Here are some ideas:
- Talking with friends and family over phone or social media is a great way to stay in touch with people you care about
- Call the support services and find online communities and clubs at your education provider, perhaps you could even suggest ways students can connect?
- Join Study Melbourne’s International Students of Melbourne and Victoria Facebook group and look up the online events and workshops on the Study Melbourne website
- Organise a virtual coffee date with a colleague or professional contact you admire
- Join the State Library of Victoria virtual book club by following #SLVBookClub on Instagram for staff picks and recommendations
- Join the #inthistogether campaign to support other international student communities who have been impacted by COVID-19. We encourage everyone in our community to share your message of support and show we're all #InThisTogether.
- If you need to talk to someone about your situation and your overseas student health care provider or institution are unable to help, you can seek help from the following places:
These services are free of charge and will not affect your visa.
You can share your message of support by:
- Posting your COVID-19 message on social media with a photo or video
- Tagging @Study Melbourne and using the hashtags #InThisTogether
- Encouraging others to also show their support!