Important update: Applications close at 11.59pm on 31 December 2020.
International Student Emergency Relief Fund
You can apply for a one-off payment of up to $1100 under Stream Two of the International Student Emergency Relief Fund if your enrolment is with a private education provider in Victoria.
- vocational education and training
- independent higher education
- English language colleges.
The payment can only be accessed once by eligible students who are located in Victoria.
If you are studying with a University or TAFE, contact your institution to access the fund.
If you aren’t eligible for the International Student Emergency Relief Fund you may be able to access emergency financial help through the Extreme Hardship Support Program.
Use a desktop or laptop computer to apply. Do not use a mobile device.
How to apply
STEP ONE – Check your education provider is eligible
STEP TWO – Check the updated eligibility criteria:
To be eligible to apply you must meet all eligibility criteria. You must be able to show that:
- You were enrolled in an eligible private tertiary education provider in Victoria at 31 March 2020.
- You will need to provide a copy of your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) form in your own name to show you were an actively engaged student who was enrolled in a course at 31 March 2020.
- You have a current student or bridging visa (with a student visa application in process)
- You are currently located in Victoria, Australia
- You were employed in Victoria any time between March and July 2020, are in financial hardship due to lost work, and don’t have other financial support.
If any information in the application is found to be false or misleading, the grant will be repayable.
Read the detailed Eligibility criteria (Stream Two).
STEP THREE – Read the support information
Learn how to apply and prepare your documents.
- Application Guide (Stream Two)
- Frequently Asked Questions (Stream Two)
- Program Guidelines (Stream Two)
- Translated example application forms (for reference only – do not use these forms to apply):
Call us on 1800 056 449 if you have any questions. You can also request an interpreter, free of charge.
STEP FOUR – Prepare your supporting documentation
Our Application Guide (Stream Two) shows you how to apply and prepare your documents. Read this before you apply.
Your attachments must be in JPEG, PDF or PNG format.
Call us on 1800 056 449 if you need help with your documents.
STEP FIVE – Call us if you need help
Contact us on 1800 056 449 if you need support with your application. We’re here to help you. We can get an interpreter if you want one, free of charge.
Call 1800 056 449 if you need support. We can get an interpreter if you want one.