Applications are open
Applications are now open for the Victorian Government’s $45 million International Student Emergency Relief Fund. The fund will support international students in Victoria who are facing financial hardship through lost wages and work as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The fund is being delivered in partnership with Victoria’s tertiary education providers.
The Victorian Government is committed to supporting our international student community during this difficult time. You are not alone. We will get through this together. The International Student Emergency Relief Fund complements the range of relief programs offered by the Victorian Government and Victoria’s universities and education providers.
How to apply
The International Student Emergency Relief Fund will be delivered in two streams. Please click on the tile below that applies to your current situation.
How to apply
Further support for international students in Victoria
In addition to the hardship funds, pastoral care and student support services available through Victorian education providers, the Victorian Government is providing the following support to international students:
- one-off rent relief grants for people in rental hardship due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, to help keep renters in safe and stable accommodation
- help to find work opportunities through Working for Victoria
- a dedicated coronavirus (COVID-19) online support hub on the Study Melbourne website to link you with a wide range of support programs and services including a directory of community support and food relief
- access to free accommodation and employment legal advice
- dedicated support through the Study Melbourne Student Centre including free and confidential support and practical help. This includes access to mental health services and referral to other services