What the ISWP is for
The International Student Welfare Program is a Victorian Government initiative to fund projects that aim to enhance the experience of international students studying in Victoria.
Since 2014, over 100 amazing projects have been funded. These include:
- research projects—for instance, to understand international students’ experiences in private rental accommodation; to understand the international student entrepreneur community in Victoria
- student summits—for instance, a conference focusing on international women studying in Victoria; a forum to develop the leadership skills of student association members
- wellbeing activities—for instance, a mental health program tailored for international students; activities for students to build connections through sport; an online sexual health education course
- employability skills workshops—for instance, projects designed to solve real-world business problems; a cross-cultural program to assist students with workplace and social integration
- educational and support services—for instance, legal advice for work rights and accommodation; a networking party for students to connect with one another and the community.
If you have a great idea for promoting the experience of post-secondary international students, we would love to know about it!
Types of funding
There are two types of funds.
Category 1: International Student Group Activities
For: Student groups or associations wanting to conduct activities to support the wellbeing of post-secondary international students
Funding amount: Up to $5,000
When it is open for application: Twice a year
Category 2: Wellbeing Partnership Activities
For: A partnership (that is, two or more organisations working together) to deliver activities supporting the wellbeing of post-secondary international students. Applicants must make a matching contribution—$1 to every $1 of grant; contributions can be financial or in-kind.
Funding amount: Up to $75,000
When it is open for application: At least once a year
Who can apply
Organisations applying for funding must:
Organisations include: student groups, student associations, not-for-profit organisations, and businesses.
When to apply
Expressions of Interest are open until 11.59pm on Tuesday, 7 April 2020.
Details of how to submit a proposal are outlined here
Want to know when the next application round is? Email us at: email@example.com
Find out more about the projects funded in previous years: