Getting the basics organised can help you feel settled, make new friends, and provide opportunities to explore Melbourne and Victoria.
Learn more about:
- Finding somewhere to live
- Setting up and moving in
- Getting around
- Making new friends
- Discovering Melbourne and regional Victoria
- Registering your proof of COVID-19 vaccination certificate
- Finding a part-time job
- Managing homesickness
- Victoria’s COVID-safe settings
- Money and budgeting
- Requirements for overseas drivers licence holders | VicRoads
THINGS TO DO
You can find so many things to explore and experience as a student in Melbourne and Victoria. There’s something for everyone in Melbourne and beyond, including lots of free and fun things to do.
Join Study Melbourne’s free events and programs to build job readiness skills, discover new experiences, make new friends, and build your networks. Check our events calendar for ideas or visit the City of Melbourne’s What’s On and Visit Victoria webpage.