Join Melbourne International Student Week on 7-13 May 2022 for fun, food, giveaways, and festivities – including an opening weekend celebration at Melbourne’s iconic Federation Square on 7-8 May.
The inaugural Melbourne International Student Week is presented by the Committee for Melbourne, and proudly sponsored by Study Melbourne.
Melbourne International Student Week will bring together students studying in Melbourne – both local and from abroad – to celebrate our student community and showcase the culture and services this great city has to offer.
What’s happening on the opening weekend – 7-8 May 2022?
Melbourne International Student Week will transform Federation Square on 7-8 May with:
- an Indigenous showcase from the Djirri Djirri dance group
- Salsa, Bollywood and K-Pop interactive dance workshops
- live music including from Aaron Lee, African drumming, soul music, and DJs
- comedy performances
- an international student photo exhibition
- a chance to get an exclusive Melbourne International Student Week hoodie
- delicious food including 1000 free dumplings.
There will also be lots of information and giveaways, including free seminars from Study Melbourne, Jobs Victoria about employment support, and how to live your best student life with support services and programs for international students from the Victorian Government.
Bring your Student ID to access freebies and special offers.
Visit www.misw.org.au/whatson for program details.
What’s happening during the week – 9-13 May 2022
There’s lots on offer during the week for international students in Melbourne, Victoria and across the globe through Study Melbourne hubs, including:
- Employment, careers and entrepreneurship
- Swimming classes, sport experiences and fitness classes
- Jobs and career coaching, workshops and an industry fair
- My Melbourne student photo exhibition
- Aussie night with roaming reptiles
- A movie screening of Aussie classic Muriel’s Wedding
- African night at the Couch
- Spanish language celebration
- A day at the Museum
- Parkville Sounds at night music festival
- The Long Table
- Twilight in the Sanctuary
Come and join us at Federation Square and various locations throughout Melbourne!
See the full Melbourne International Student Week program
We can’t wait to see you there!