Applications for the 2020 Ambassador Program have now closed. Thanks to everyone who has submitted an application.
We are looking for students and alumni (graduates) to help create a rich and supportive community for current and prospective international students in Victoria.
Ambassadors will join Study Melbourne to:
- raise awareness about support services for international students
- promote activities and attractions throughout Melbourne and Victoria
- represent Study Melbourne at official functions and in marketing campaigns
- share experiences and knowledge with the international student community
- access Study Melbourne’s exclusive leadership development program for international student leaders.
How Ambassadors benefit
This is a volunteer opportunity for current international and Australian students, and international student graduates. The program will run from March to December 2020.
The Ambassador program offers a chance to grow your network and develop valuable leadership and marketing skills. While no financial remuneration is provided, we will support Ambassadors with training opportunities, including honing your teamwork and communications skills in a professional environment.
The program will also be lots of fun, with social events and opportunities to visit Melbourne’s many events and attractions for free.
Additionally, should you be successful in being selected as a Student Melbourne Ambassador Program you will have access to Study Melbourne's exclusive leadership program. The leadership program will be open to the broader international student community and include high-profile speakers on a range of leadership topics, delivered in an intensive and flexible format.
Who can apply
If you meet the criteria below, we invite you to apply to the Study Melbourne Ambassador Program.
To be eligible you must be:
- At least 18 years old and
- An international student enrolled in a Victorian tertiary institution in 2020 (must have at least one year left of study) or
- An Australian student enrolled in a Victorian tertiary institution in 2020 (must have at least one year left of study) or
- An international student graduate who has remained in Victoria post-study.
- Attending an induction session at the start of the program.
- 5-10 hours per month of volunteer time from March to December 2020.
- Contributing to Study Melbourne channels, which can include written articles, videos and social media content.
- Participating in photo and video shoots and Study Melbourne events.
- Providing insights and recommendations for Study Melbourne initiatives and planning.
- Participating in professional development and (optional) leadership development sessions.
How to apply
- Read the terms and conditions to make sure you understand what a Study Melbourne Ambassador does
- Applications have now closed.
- 9 February 2020 – Applications closed at 5pm AEDT
- Week commencing 24 February 2020 – Group interviews with shortlisted applicants
- 2 March 2020 – Successful and unsuccessful applicants are notified
- Thursday 5 March 2020 – Study Melbourne Welcome Event
- Week commencing 9 March 2020 - Ambassador Induction session (full day)
- March-December 2020 – Ambassador Program
If you have questions about the Study Melbourne Ambassador Program please email email@example.com