We are looking for current international students to help create a rich and supportive community for current and prospective international students. Up to ten Ambassadors will be selected to join this exciting program for the 2023 academic year.
This is a volunteer opportunity for current international students. The program will run from March to December 2023.
The Study Melbourne Ambassador program enables international students to grow their network and develop valuable leadership and interpersonal skills. While no financial remuneration is provided, we will support Ambassadors with training and development opportunities, including honing teamwork, communications, and leadership skills in a professional environment.
Should you be successful in being selected as a Study Melbourne Ambassador, you will be able to participate in, and co-design, Study Melbourne's leadership and employability programs. These programs are targeted at the broader international student community, covering a range of relevant topics and facilitated by inspiring speakers.
The Study Melbourne Ambassador program will also be lots of fun, with social events and opportunities to represent Study Melbourne at official functions.
All Ambassadors will be presented with a certificate upon completion of the program to recognise their contribution to the international student community.
As an Ambassador for Study Melbourne, your responsibilities will include:
- Representing Study Melbourne, speaking at public events and attending official functions.
- Supporting the planning and delivery of Study Melbourne student events, services and activities, both virtually and in person.
- Providing insights and feedback for the Study Melbourne team, relevant government bodies and external suppliers on issues, trends, and opportunities for international students
- Participating in consultative groups to inform and co-design student programs
- Supporting the growth of Study Melbourne’s community and social media channels
- Sharing your Ambassador experience across social media channels to drive engagement with the international student community
- Committing to an average of 5 hours per month of activities (this may vary from month to month)
Key selection criteria
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience engaging with stakeholders to improve the international student experience
- Very good organisational and time management skills; be punctual and reliable
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a collaborative environment
- Ability to lead and influence others to achieve desired outcomes
- Have or be willing to apply for a Working with Children Check (volunteer category)
- Meet the Department of Jobs, Skills, Industry and Regions’ current COVID-19 vaccination requirements
How To Apply
Applications are currently open from Monday 23 January and close at 11:59PM AEDT, Mon 6 February 2023.
To apply, you will need to complete the:
- online application form, including a series of motivational and experiential questions and submit:
- a one page resume (CV) with contact details of one referee (personal or professional)
- a short video (maximum two minutes) explaining why you would make a great Study Melbourne Ambassador.
Please submit your application by the due date advertised.
Successful applications will be notified in late February 2023. If you require further information regarding this position, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org