The role of a Study Melbourne Ambassador is to create a rich and supportive community for current and prospective international students. As the voice of the international student community, the Ambassador represents Study Melbourne in official functions and connects Study Melbourne with the international student community. An Ambassador also helps to improve our ability to deliver high quality programs and services and promote them across digital channels.
Up to ten Ambassadors will be selected to join this exciting program for the 2023 academic year. All Ambassadors are volunteers and will receive a tailored program of professional development opportunities over the year as well as formal recognition for their contribution.
Tertiary students who meet the following criteria are invited to apply to the Study Melbourne Ambassador Program 2023:
- Are at least 18 years old and
- Are an international student enrolled in a Victorian tertiary institution (university, TAFE, private college) for the academic year 2023
- Will be located in Victoria until the end of 2023
- Will be available for 5 hours per month from March to December 2023
- Have / or be willing to apply for a Working with Children Check (volunteer category)
- Have / or be willing to meet the Department of Jobs, Skills, Industry and Regions’ current COVID-19 vaccination requirements.
The commitment required for the Study Melbourne Ambassador Program is a minimum of five hours per month from March to December 2023. The program requires all Ambassadors to be located in Victoria until the end of 2023.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Representing Study Melbourne, speaking at public events and attending official functions.
- Supporting the planning and delivery of Study Melbourne student events, services and activities, both virtually and in person.
- Providing insights and feedback for the Study Melbourne team, relevant government bodies and external suppliers on issues, trends, and opportunities for international students
- Participating in consultative groups to inform and co-design student programs
- Supporting the growth of Study Melbourne’s community and social media channels
- Sharing your Ambassador experience across social media channels to drive engagement with the international student community
- Committing to an average of 5 hours per month of activities (this may vary from month to month)
Study Melbourne Ambassadors are required to conduct themselves in accordance with the Program’s core values: lead with humility, respect every person, exercise commitment and embrace diversity.
You must not publish or disseminate false or misleading information or engage in any conduct that may bring the program or Study Melbourne into disrepute.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience engaging with stakeholders to improve the international student experience
- Very good organisational and time management skills; be punctual and reliable
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a collaborative environment
- Ability to lead and influence others to achieve desired outcomes
- Have or be willing to apply for a Working with Children Check (volunteer category)
- Meet the Department of Jobs, Skills, Industry and Regions’ current COVID-19 vaccination requirements
- Ambassadorships are volunteer-based opportunities and shall in no way be deemed to constitute you as an agent or employee of Study Melbourne. Ambassadors will not have any authority to incur and must not incur any obligation or make or purport to make any representation on behalf of Study Melbourne, unless with our prior written approval to do so.
- No representation or warranty is made by Study Melbourne as to the benefits to you of participating in the program. No remuneration, reimbursement or other payment will be made to you as part of your participation in the Program.
- All Study Melbourne Ambassadors must meet the Department of Jobs, Skills, Industry and Regions’ current Covid – 19 vaccination policy. If selected, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination status of a primary course (generally two doses) of the COVID-19 vaccine plus a booster or medical exemption.
HOW TO APPLY
You will need to complete the
- online application form, including a series of motivational and experiential questions and submit:
- A one page resume (CV) with contact details of one referee (personal or professional)
- A short video (maximum two minutes) explaining why you would make a great Study Melbourne Ambassador.
Please submit your application by 11.59PM AEDT Monday 6 February 2023.
Successful applications will be notified in late February 2023. If you require further information regarding this position, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org