Applications are now closed for the 2019 Study Melbourne Ambassador program
We will contact all applicants by Wednesday 13 February
We are looking for students and alumni to help create a rich and supportive community for current and prospective international students in Victoria.
Ambassadors will join Study Melbourne to help organise student events, create content to share across Study Melbourne channels, represent Study Melbourne at official functions, and share experiences and knowledge with the international student community.
How ambassadors benefit
This is a volunteer opportunity for international and domestic students and international student graduates. The program will run from February to December 2019.
This is a great opportunity to grow your network and develop valuable leadership and marketing skills. While no financial remuneration is provided, we will support ambassadors with professional development workshops and opportunities, including honing your interpersonal and communications skills in a professional environment. The program will also be lots of fun, with social events and opportunities to visit Melbourne’s many events and attractions for free.
- Half-day introductory workshop and afternoon tea in February 2019
- Up to 12 hours per month of volunteer time from February to November 2019, including a one hour in-person catch up each month in the Melbourne CBD or South Yarra
- Content writing or production for Study Melbourne channels, this can include written blogs, videos and social media content
- Participation in photo and video content and Study Melbourne aligned events
- Assistance organising and attending student events
- Contributions to the Study Melbourne Facebook group, International students of Melbourne and Victoria
- Insights and recommendations for Study Melbourne initiatives and planning
- Monthly professional development sessions
Who can apply
If you are an international student and you meet the criteria below, we welcome you to apply to the Study Melbourne Ambassador Program. Applicants must be:
- At least 18 years old, and
- A local or international student enrolled in a Victorian tertiary institution in 2019; or
- An international student graduate who has remained in Victoria post-study
How to apply
- Read the terms and conditions to be sure you understand what a Study Melbourne Ambassador does
- Start your application by clicking the button below
- Applications will close at 5pm on Monday 28 January.
If you have questions about the Study Melbourne Ambassador Program please email email@example.com