The Study Melbourne Talking Circles Program seeks to support international students to engage more confidently and effectively in their day-to-day interactions inside and outside the classroom, and in a professional workplace environment.
With fun and interactive workshops and excursions, this English language and communication skills program gives you a range of skills and knowledge to:
- support you in your life, study and work in Melbourne
- understand Australian workplace and culture
- explore Melbourne and engage with the community
What topics will Study Melbourne Talking Circles cover?
At these sessions you will have the opportunity to practice speaking and pronunciation, when we discuss topics such as:
- workplace rights and responsibilities
- Australian culture and Aussie slang
- social connection strategies
- presentation skills
- networking and interview skills.
Explore and experience Melbourne
Join us to explore and experience Melbourne, through activities and excursions including:
- visit to the Melbourne Zoo
- shop and cook sessions
- lawn bowling
Aussie culture myths busted! Tuesday 9 October at the Study Melbourne Student Centre