On this page
- The Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) is a temporary visa
- Department of Immigration and Border Protection issues the visa
- The department's website is the best source of information about the visa
You may be able to stay and work in Australia temporarily after you have finished your studies. The visa that lets you do this is the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)
Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)
The Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) is for international students who have recently graduated from an Australian education institution.
The Department of Immigration and Border Protection is responsible for issuing visas. Their website tells you about:
- who can apply for the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)
- how much it costs to apply for the visa
- what the visa lets you do.
Read more on the Temporary Graduate visa page on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website.
Staying in Australia after you graduate
To stay in Australia longer term, you may need a working visa.
If you are an international graduate and you want to live and work in Australia you may be eligible for Victorian Government visa nomination.
The Victorian Government provides free visa nomination for eligible international graduates with specific skills. Check the Visa Nomination Occupation List for Graduates to see if your specific skills are eligible for visa nomination.
There is also a streamlined pathway to visa nomination for International PhD graduates. These applications are processed within two weeks.
Visit the International Graduate page on the Live in Victoria website to find out more.