Staying and working in Australia temporarily after graduation

You may be able to stay and work in Australia temporarily after you have finished your studies. The visa that lets you do this is the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)

Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)

The Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) is for international students who have recently graduated from an Australian education institution.

The Department of Home Affairs is responsible for issuing visas. Their website tells you about:

  • who can apply for the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)
  • how much it costs to apply for the visa
  • what the visa lets you do.

Read more about the Temporary Graduate visa on the Department of Home Affairs website.

Staying longer in Australia after you graduate

To stay in Australia longer term, you may need  to consider your visa options.

Vsit the Visa finder page on the Department of Home Affairs website.

Visa nomination

If you are an international graduate and you want to live and work in Australia you may be eligible to apply for visa nomination from the Victorian Government.

Visit the Visa Nomination Occupation List for Graduates on the Live in Melbourne website to find out more.