New scholarships for Chinese students
Each year universities in Melbourne and regional Victoria offer up to 70 scholarships to Chinese students. These scholarships are mostly available for students taking higher degrees by research. You are invited to apply.
A new range of scholarships have been developed for Chinese students studying in Melbourne and regional Victoria. Please visit each university site for details on the scholarship offer, selection criteria and how to apply.
- Deakin University: offers scholarships for outstanding new Chinese students for a Higher Degree by Research
- La Trobe University: offers up to twenty-two scholarships, including one PhD scholarship and one international scholarship for coursework Bachelor or Master’s degree commemorating the 40th anniversary of the Australia-China friendship
- Monash University: operates a China Scholarship Council Doctoral Scholarship Program
- The University of Melbourne: will offer more than twenty additional scholarships in 2013 for PhD students from a range of Chinese institutions in partnership with the China Scholarships Council. It is expected that a further 30 to 40 of the 350 new International PhD scholarships offered by the University of Melbourne each year will be provided to applicants from China
- Federation University Australia: offers three PhD scholarships, one each in mathematics, bio-medical science and computing/information technology. There is also a scholarship available from the Business School
- Victoria University: offers two PhD scholarships, one each in Business and Information Technology.
Contact the universities directly for more information and instructions on how to apply.