The Australian Government's Department of Home Affairs provides important information about travelling to Australia, including information about visas, travel restrictions and travel exemptions.

The Home Affairs Global Service Centre is available on (+61) 131 881 between 9am and 5pm AEDT Monday to Friday.

Visas and travel 

Fully vaccinated eligible student visa holders can travel to Australia from 1 December without a travel exemption.

student visa fee waiver is now available to student visa holders who are currently offshore and travel to Australia between 19 January and 19 March 2022.

To be able to travel to Australia, students must hold an eligible visa, undertake COVID-19 test requirements prior to departure, and be fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved or recognised by the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA). Please refer to the Australian Department of Home Affairs for more information about vaccination entry requirements for Australia.

Please visit our Information for overseas travellers page for more information on what you need to do before and after you arrive in Australia if you are fully vaccinated or have a valid medical exemption.

Keep in touch with your education provider for any support you need  with your travel arrangements.

For information about student visas, including how online study outside Australia may count towards a Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa, visit the Department of Home Affairs website.

Studying in Australia – know what you can bring in

Australia has strict laws for bringing items of biosecurity risk into our country including, but not limited to, food, plant material and animal products.

There are penalties for non-declaration of non-compliant goods.

It's important to know what to pack, prior to travelling here.

Below are links to department biosecurity resources that answer common questions about what you can, and cannot, bring to Australia.

Useful biosecurity links for international students

Consular assistance

While we are here to ensure our students feel supported during this uncertain time, we understand you may need to alert your home country if you are experiencing difficulties or to register with them. If you need advice about returning to your home country, please contact your local Consular office.

Find the location and contact information of your local Consular office by visiting the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website.

If you can’t find the information you need, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions.