The $3.6 million International Research Partnerships Program is an initiative under the International Education Short Term Recovery Plan 2020-21 to support strategic international research partnerships, grow market access and strengthen Victoria’s global reputation for education, EdTech and research.
The Program will provide support to the sector through two streams:
- Through stream one, $2.8 million is being provided to establish Study Melbourne Research Partnerships, supporting major research projects between Victorian public institutions and their international industry or institutional partner/s.
Delivered by leading research management organisation VESKI, the partnerships will drive international research collaboration, establish or deepen strategic offshore partnerships for Victorian institutions, and strengthen the prestigious global rankings and reputation of Victoria’s public universities and TAFEs.
The Study Melbourne Research partnerships will provide a number of outcomes that will benefit Victorian education providers and the international education sector, including:
- the increased capability of Victorian education providers to initiate collaborative research projects to address Victorian policy objectives
- the attraction of overseas talent (including students and academics) to collaborate with Victorian education providers on research projects
- the building of Victoria’s brand recognition as a quality education destination in emerging regions
- the increased value of commercial partnerships for Victorian providers
- the retained and/or improved rankings of Victorian education institutions as world-leading research providers
- the attraction of global talent and knowledge to Victoria and the encouragement of future student and academic mobility between Victoria and international markets.
Applications are now closed for the first stream of the initiative, the Study Melbourne Research Partnerships Program (SMRP).
You can contact VESKI if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Through stream two, $800,000 is being provided to establish the Global Victoria EdTech Innovation Alliance, delivered by EduGrowth to support collaboration between Victorian EdTech companies, education providers, researchers, and international organisations to road test and promote the learning impact of EdTech products for export.
By helping Victorian companies and institutions promote and gain market access for their EdTech products offshore, the Global Victoria EdTech Innovation Alliance will position Victoria as Australia’s leading provider of high-quality EdTech solutions and education innovation around the world.
Expressions of interest (EOI) for the second program stream, the Global Victoria EdTech Innovation Alliance, opened on 28 September 2021 and will close at 5.30pm AEDT Monday 18 October 2021. Victorian EdTech Companies or Victorian universities, or TAFEs are eligible to apply.
For updates about this program and other sector highlights, please subscribe to our International Education Bulletin.