On this page

  • Check if your visa allows you to work
  • Temporary Graduate visa
  • Visa nomination

There are graduate opportunities available in Victoria, across a range of industries and business types. Organisations often start recruiting a year in advance for graduates to fill positions.

Prosple (formerly called GradAustralia) helps students find graduate positions and internships.

You can also search for graduate opportunities on the internet.

To be a desirable candidate in today's competitive job market learn about the 8 skills you need to stand out to employers.

Check if your visa permits you to work

Check the terms of your visa to see if you are eligible to work.

If you are on a Student visa, the Student visa conditions page of the Department of Home Affairs website

Temporary Graduate visa

The Temporary graduate visa (subclass 485) lets you live, study and work in Australia temporarily after you have finished your studies.

Find out more on the Temporary graduate visa page on the Department of Home Affairs website.

Visa nomination

If you are an international graduate and you want to live and work in Australia you may be eligible for Victorian Government skilled migration visas.

Visit the Live in Melbourne website for more information about visa options for graduates of Australian universities who want to live and work in Melbourne or regional Victoria.

Staying longer in Australia after you graduate

To stay in Australia longer term, you may need  to consider your visa options.

Visit the Visa finder page on the Department of Home Affairs website.